Summer holiday activity ideas for young children in Morzine
There’s much more to do with young children during the summer in Morzine than may first appear. Morzine is an outdoor paradise for little ones – and infants – throughout the sunny summer months with endless possibility for fun, discovery and adventure. We highly recommend the Morzine Tourist Office’s “Guide des Marmots / Kids Guide”. Plus, we’ve compiled this list of ideas and inspiration for things to do during your summer holiday in Morzine with young kids. Enjoy…!
Morzine Summer activities (in the water) for little ones
- Swimming (of course!). There are loads of great spots to have a dip, including Morzine swimming pool (free with your Multi Pass), Lake Montriond, Les Gets Lake and Aquariaz (Avoriaz). You’ll find loads of plunge pools in the mountain rivers and streams in Morzine as well.
- Build a dam, paddle and play Pooh sticks in the River Dranse (in Morzine): Some great locations are waiting to be discovered within the Morzine Dérêches park, near Chardonnière (in the Vallée de la Manche towards Lac des Mines D’Or) or anywhere on the stream between Les Lindarets and the Brochaux waterfall.
- Visit the Cascade d’Ardent waterfall (up from Lake Montriond).
- Visit the Cascade de Brochaux waterfall (just past the bottom of the Mossettes chairlift, 20 minutes’ walk up from the Linderets bowl). A lovely spot for a picnic and paddle.
Walking in Morzine with young children
- Parc des Dérêches walk/fitness trail (behind the Morzine swimming pool). Explore and enjoy the mini-farm, park, river, etc. Endless family adventure awaits here, for sure.
- There’s plenty of other gentle walks around the village and mountains. (Speak to your Simply Morzine Resort Representative for maps and ideas – they’re happy to help).
- Enjoy free cable car and chairlift rides with the Multi Pass to gain altitude without strenuous ascent or descent. Riding the lifts is a fun family experience, particularly for the little ones. Have a picnic or mountain meal and enjoy the beautiful views and fresh air. For example, head up the Super Morzine or Prodains cable cars to explore. Or go up the Pleney gondola and walk up the path in front of you for 10-15 minutes to the Vaffieu restaurant where there’s wonderful panoramic views including Mont Blanc and the Les Gets golf course. Heading up the Pleney is a ‘must do’ family activity with young children during the summer in Morzine.
- Walk to Lake Montriond (a Simply Morzine activity). Here you’ll find a safe swimming area (with lifeguards), lovely restaurants and picnic spots, canoes for hire, pony rides and mini electric cars. Stunning Lake Montriond has something for all of the family to enjoy during your Simply Morzine summer holiday and is another ‘must do’.
- Visit the famous/smelly mountain goat village near Avoriaz, Les Lindarets. Ride chairlifts (or drive) there. Children will love or hate this place – and may possibly decide they’d like a goat as a pet!
- Indiana Park and Nyon Adventure Park: Highly recommended forest fun and a great activity on your family summer holiday in Morzine that all of you can enjoy. Suitable for children aged 2+.
- Hire bikes and explore the flat valley in Morzine.
- Book cycle lessons for the children to learn the basics of mountain biking in Morzine.
- Caving. A family activity near Morzine everyone can do together. Suitable for children aged 5+.
Summer activities in Morzine for youngsters
- Join in with the enthralling children’s events and workshops laid on by the Morzine Tourist Office. Info can be found in the ‘Programme des Manifestations’ leaflet at your Simply Morzine accommodation.
- Morzine merry go round and ‘petit train’: Perfect for families with young children in Morzine.
- Toboggan (summer luge): Young kids can whiz down the Pleney between the legs of a parent or older sibling.
- Horse and Cart Rides: From opposite the Tourist Office – enjoy a leisurely lunch and finish off with a horse and cart ride.
- Various bouncy castles around Morzine, including at the swimming pool. Always a winner!
- Tennis. Free with your Morzine Multi Pass (pre-booking advised).
- Horse Riding and Pony Rides: Timeless fun.
- Mountain donkey rambles: At the Lac des Mines d’Or – highly recommended by many families with younger children.
- Ice skating and ice hockey.
- Disc-golf at the Morzine Parc des Dérêches: A novel game for all the family. A game of golf, minus the balls and clubs with a few frisbee’s added in!
- Storytime at the Morzine library opposite the church. Give the kids an introduction to French. Wednesdays @ 18:00.
- Chamonix: Take a trip up the cog mountain railway to the Mer de Glace and visit the ice caves.
- Mini Golf (Seytroux or Evian).
- Vapeur Parc miniature train centre at Le Bouveret in Switzerland (near the Aqua Parc). For children (& big children!)
- Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval National Park: A lovely, gentle flat walk in a spectacular setting. There are plunge pools beneath waterfalls to swim in, and beautiful spots for a picnic – fantastic.
- Swimming: Port de Sciez on Lake Geneva (beautiful port with beach and safe swimming), Evian water park, Cité de l’Eau at Amphion/Publier, Vitam’Parc between Annecy and Geneva (large swimming/spa centre) and the fabulous Aqua Park in Switzerland.